Senior Mechanical Engineer
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer has arisen with a well-established firm.
An award winning engineering consultancy, have an established team of engineers, designers, and technical specialists. They are looking to add a Senior Mechanical Engineer to help add to their already strong team in Bournemouth. Taking the lead on small projects up to the value of £10million and support larger projects up to £250million. They have exciting projects including retail, residential, commercial, and further education.
- You will be in a Client facing role, attending project meetings and disseminating the brief within the project team. You will need to be of personable nature and a good communicator.
- Experience in the Education, Healthcare, Commercial or Residential sectors will be of particular benefit however we undertake a wide range of project types in many sectors in the Birmingham office so experience from other sectors will also be of interest.
- You will lead the development of initial strategic concepts for projects ensuring solutions are appropriate for the brief and regulatory standards.
- Taking responsibility for solid technical delivery in your work either alone or part of a team.
- Engage with junior support staff in their day to day activities and offer advice and guidance to ensure that they develop their skills and we get the best out of our people.
- You will be financially astute and work with the team leader to help monitor fee expenditure, resource and work delivered.
- Looking at new ways of working and taking time out for innovation and research ensuring we keep abreast of our competitors.
- Creating and maintaining a high reputation within the local industry, and to ensure adherence to QM and risk control procedures is also a very important part of the role.
- £35 – £40k Competitive salary
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- 37 Hour Week with Flexible Hours
- Private Healthcare
- Pension scheme
- Employee health fund to cover sickness on full pay up to 6 months
- Life Assurance
In addition you will also have the opportunity to shape the Bournemouth office and contribute towards the firm’s long term success. Receive active support towards future professional accreditation. You’ll also be part of a great environment with social events.
What a Senior Mechanical Engineer will need
A Senior Mechanical Engineer will be a degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or the equivalent qualification. Previous consultancy or contracting experience in some or all of the following: M&E Design & Specification, Surveying & Reporting, Project Management, Commissioning and Validation, Facilities Management.
The firm is one of the most established, long standing of its kind, boasting high talented staff, award winning expertise. Delivering a high quality focused and innovative MEP engineering solutions. They work on a varied range of projects, many of which high profile, such as landmarks, and large retail chains.