Are you an experienced Site Supervisor with Telecoms or Utilites experience? Are you interested in joining an established team working on a pioneering roll-out of cable services in the heart of Devon?
If so, this could be the next role for you!
We are working with a committed and hugely successful client who has secured approval to launch a new network. Having worked internationally, they now have a framework of schemes across the south west and are looking for a locally based team to deliver the works.
As a Site Supervisor you would be responsible for:
* Designing FTTH, FTTx ODN and Backhaul segments using UG & utility pole routes.
* Identify suitable locations for splice enclosures, splitters and redundant paths.
* Supervising Contractors
* Site Surveys
* Equipment testing
* Training/mentoring junior staff and new colleagues
It is envisaged you'd have the following Academic qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Construction or Engineering
• Fibre Optic OSP certifications
• In depth knowledge of FTTH, FTTx solutions and architecture, GPON
• Experience with network planning/design for access networks
• Experience with access networks civil works planning / design
• Knowledgeable about various CPE / ONT and service delivery aspects
• Hands-on Experience with GIS/CAD tools
• GIS Training and/or experience in the design, development, drafting, programming, implementation and maintenance of programs and applications for a GIS or computerized mapping system
• Experienced in working with sub-contractors, design reviews, quality control and approvals
• SMSTS, CSCS, First aid and NRSWA Certifications
Additionally, you'll need the following Functional Skills:
• Computer Literate in a Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc)
• Supervision of Design and Rollout of best in class FTTH, FTTX Fibre networks.
• Strong Vendor Management experience, including contractual, project, operational and technical management.
• Excellent communication skills to internal and external stakeholders.
You should have demonstrated leadership and management skills including:
• Capacity to work under sustained pressure
• Ability to deal with uncertain environments
• Ability to set goals, develop plans and objectives and deliver results
• Demonstrated capacity to build productive working relationships
• Well-developed analytical and conceptual skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and well developed interpersonal and representative skills.
• NRSWA Accreditation
• Report / business Writing Skills
• Project management skills
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to manage and lead on projects
In return for your experience, ability and enthusiasm, is a competitive salary and package in addition with the opportunity to join a team at the beginning of an exciting phase!
Please forward your CV ASAP to register your interest in this permanent opportunity to start this month - the client is looking to interview readily!