We are looking for an experienced structural technician, to join a growing team in Cardiff. The successful candidate will have a leading role in developing the team and will be confident with strong interpersonal skills. We are looking for someone with ability to communicate and collaborate effectively, both with colleagues and the wider design team.
• Accurate and reliable production of 2D structural drawings and 3D REVIT models.
• Delivery of structural drawings in all materials – experience of RC detailing preferable but not essential
• Mentoring and developing apprentice technicians
• Working closely with engineers to resolve technical challenges and developing practical solutions
• Conforming with and delivering to company QMS and IMS systems, as well as any specific client requirements (e.g. doc hosting sites, such as 4P etc.)
• Valid full clean driving license
• Proactive engagement with external consultants to ensure efficient project delivery
Skills & experience:
• Qualified up to a minimum of HNC level.
• Ideally holding or working towards TIStructE and EngTech status.
• Fully competent in the use of AUTOCAD and REVIT Structure
• Working knowledge of Level 2 BIM Protocol and PAS 1192 and ability to develop project BIM Execution Plans, TIDP, MIDP etc.
• Ability to develop 3D structural models, drawings, schedules and quantitative data to
BIM Level 2 requirements
• Motivation to learn alternative drawing packages (Dynamo, Navisworks, Revisto, Tekla etc.) would be beneficial
• Experience in producing drawings for concepts, Tender and Construction status information
• Ability to work on own initiative while collaborating with wider team
• Good knowledge of construction techniques and materials
• Strong organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days Holiday + bank holidays + chance to purchase up to 5 extra days
• Bike to Work Scheme
• Company Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Share Ownership after qualifying period