£20k - £26k
Are you seeking a new challenge for 2019?
A reputable employer in the Exeter area is seeking an Assistant Accountant to join the team.
Newly or part qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA, role suitable either for someone already in industry, or looking for a first move from practice.
Experience of Housebuilding or Construction would be beneficial but not essential.
Role/responsibilities as an Assistant Accountant
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Assistant Accountant will initially have responsibility for the following duties:
Prepare monthly management accounts and all relevant schedules
- Prepare detailed weekly cashflow forecasts to 13 weeks
- Update weekly 6 month profit and cashflow forecast
- Reconciliation of site profitability to site costs/valuations
- Apply a proactive approach to identify, highlight, investigate and resolve issues highlighted by the finance team
- Share ownership of driving innovation & efficiencies to reduce monthly turnaround times
- Preparation of year end packs and liaison with external auditors
- Statutory accounts preparation
- Assistance with annual budget preparation
- Regional payroll duties
- Preparation of regional pension submission.
- Provide business partnering function to non-finance departments including providing ad-hoc information to assist in wider business decision making
- Provide assistance with Company secretarial, Litigation and Insurance issues.
- Computer skills required
Medium-Advanced Excel skills
Medium skills on other Microsoft packages – Word, Powerpoint
Previous experience of using a standard accounts package preferred but not essential –
Competitive Salary, dependent on experience
Holiday, Generous Pension, Bonus, Health care, car or car allowance