Contemporary business needs experienced Structural Engineer!
We are looking for an experienced structural engineer at project or senior level with experience with building structures. As a Structural Engineer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Detailed design and analysis duties on a variety of buildings from the property sector
- Leading projects and a small design team
- Liaising with and providing direction to more junior members of the design team
- Communicating with contractors and architects
- Liaising with clients and answering queries
- Attending site meetings
- Gradually taking on more responsibility until you are leading your own projects
This person will be required to join a talented local team of roughly 25 engineers and technicians and will be working on everything from bespoke housing, conservation projects and framed buildings through to major city centre redevelopments.
They have a contemporary approach to their work and there is a real focus on work/life balance and as such there is a flexible working policy along with regular staff social events. All engineers are mentored by a Chartered Structural Engineers and are actively encouraged to work toward chartered status themselves.
My client has contemporary offices on the outskirts of Bristol with free parking and has a varied portfolio of projects. This multidisciplinary practice has a both Civil and Structural team and are rapidly expanding both. Candidates will ideally meet the following criteria:
- A relevant degree in civil or structural engineering
- Experience with industry standard software such as Fastrak,Tedds and Tekla
- Post graduate experience of 2 years or more
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of the design process
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well known structural and civil consultancy in the South West. This practice is winning more and more work and needs talented engineers to help grow their team further. This role comes with a salary of £35,000 - £45,000 + package depending on experience.