You would like to work for a flexible employer who offer a hybrid working week?
Are you an experienced Development Manager within the residential field, are you looking for a new challenge?
Working as a development manager for a reputable and well established business in Cornwall who successfully deliver homes throughout the SW Region. The main objective of the role is to lead, manage and control the development stage of schemes. Deliver sites from land acquisition, gain planning consent through to handover. The client is wanting a knowledgeable candidate who can hit the ground running and take a number of projects forward to planning!
Snapshot of main duties:
- Identifying and building a pipeline of new homes.
- Delivering new developments in accordance with the Development Strategy and Business Plan.
- Project managing schemes from land acquisition, to obtaining planning consents and handover
- Negotiate with housing associations and other Registered Providers to secure affordable housing units and to progress sites
- Due Diligence
- funding Approval
- Leading external consultants
- Via consultants supporting technical with detailed design
Essential Skills/Experience required:
- It is essential to hold experience in a similar development role, working within the house building sector, for a house builder or housing association.
- Proven experience of appraising new developments and scheme viability, along with section 106 agreements
- Accustomed to securing planning consent for medium to large scale developments
- Strong construction knowledge.
- HND or equivalent relevant to construction
- RICS / MRTPI would be desirable.
- You will need to be a strong communicator with the ability to liaise on all levels with both internal and external contacts.
- Strong negotiation and listening skills.
- Organised and efficient, with the motivation to plan and manage your week.
- High attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible
- Motivated and driven in your working approach
- Team player
- Detailed and thorough
Joining a friendly and enthusiastic team, within a flexible and forward thinking business.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual, who wants to make a real difference! Excellent benefits are on offer, along with a competitive salary!
For more information, please contact Abi 01392 537018 or click to apply!
Job Title: Development Manager