Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer who is looking for a new opportunity?
We are working with a leading multidisciplinary consultancy who are looking to add a Mechanical Design Engineer to their growing successful team in Birmingham. You’ll be working on a range of sectors including commercial, residential, education, healthcare and more. With a healthy pipeline of work going into next year, this makes for job diversity and stability.
This role offers you the chance to progress your career at a forward thinking, friendly company. Along with providing you with an opportunity to learn and develop skills and qualifications as part of a dynamic team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work as part of a design team delivering reports, specifications, performance and detailed design solutions
What we’re looking for
- Use specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the compliant systems solutions
- Undertake design calculations to support and demonstrate compliance with client requirements aligned to the proposed solution
- Undertake site survey and capture data relevant to the appointment i.e. initial survey, on-going site inspections, defect recording and witness
- Reviewing construction design details and making comment
- Liaise closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
The ideal candidate will have…
What’s on offer…
- Building Services degree or the equivalent
- Chartered or working towards that status
- Significant experience in a similar role – design solutions from conception through to completion including drawings, calculations and specifications.
- Ambition and willing to learn and develop
- Good time management
- 25 days holiday – increasing per annum
- Ability to contribute to growth and development of the team
- Private healthcare
- Highly competitive salary
- Gym membership
- Buy and sell annual leave
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful consultancy as a Mechanical Engineer, you will work with and be surrounded by mentors and a support network to help you to embrace new challenges, grow, develop your skills and experience to progress with your career.
If you’re interested in this opportunity – please send a CV to email@example.com
or click APPLY online!