Are you a Mechanical Engineer looking for progression in 2024?
Senior Mechanical Engineer
£36,500 - £50,000
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join an experienced sustainable building services consultancy in Birmingham, where you will be a key part of the Mechanical services team.
The consultancy covers a wide range of sectors including commercial, industrial, healthcare, residential and education where client care and repeat business are crucial to the company’s success.
You will join a talented, dynamic, and diverse team of designers, engineers, and technical specialists with a unique working culture. As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will collaborate with the industry’s best as well as being surrounded by mentors and a support network to help you to embrace new challenges. You will be given the opportunity to have a high degree of self-government and take the lead on a range of projects to enhance your capabilities and develop your skills.
Skills, Experience, Qualifications:
- Acting as Project Leader on selected projects
- Promote the level of technical excellence within the team.
- Making client presentations on selected projects
- Helping to generate repeat business through building relationships with clients.
- Be client-facing and involved in all stages of the projects from inception to completion.
- Management of engineers and technicians in the production of calculations, design deliverables, site surveys, construction stage duties, client liaison, liaison with members of design/construction teams, project management, costing and any other relevant duty, and produce design deliverables of all stated.
- Check calculations and production of detailed drawings to ensure engineering designs meet appropriate quality and compliance controls, projects briefs and customer requirements.
We are looking for someone with a Degree in Building Services Engineering (Chartered), or working
towards. Candidates with HNC or HND with suitable design experience will also be considered.
What’s on offer…
- At least 3-4 years working within the building services design.
- Experience in Software design including - Microsoft, IES, Revit.
- An understanding of incorporating various renewable technologies.
- Experience in managing Junior Engineers, Apprentices and Graduates.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Understanding of commercial elements of projects.
- Confident communication and presentation skills with the ability to simplify complex ideas.
- Experience in contributing to bids, proposals, and tender specifications.
- Essential technical experience: Design of Mechanical Building Services
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- 25 -day annual holiday allowance plus national holidays
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible pay scheme
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Professional membership
If you are interested in this exclusive opportunity – please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or click APPLY online!