Are you a Mechanical Engineer looking for a new role going into 2024?
£38,000 - £50,000
We have an exciting opportunity for Mechanical Engineer / Senior Mechanical Engineer to join one of the largest independent consulting engineering firms of its kind, as part of their team in Cardiff. The city itself is a thriving and dynamic creative capital city with a rich cultural heritage, as well as ambitious future plans in terms of growth as well as a blueprint to become a carbon-neutral city in the next 10 years.
About the role…
Who you’ll be
- You will work on a varied portfolio of projects that span a cross section of sectors with specific local focusses on Healthcare (new hospitals in Cardiff), Schools, Higher Education, Commercial, Residential, Manufacturing, Data centres and Leisure.
- You will support the development of initial engineering concepts through to the delivery of detailed designs and specifications.
- Undertake site surveys and investigations, and see your designs become a reality.
- You will be encouraged to contribute to developing new and innovative ways of working with a strong emphasis on developing your own digital skills.
- Looking at the latest technologies, taking time to research the latest systems ensuring we keep abreast of best solutions for our clients.
Core company benefits
- A collaborative, creative and driven individual willing to learn, develop and contribute to a dynamic engineering team and the projects we work on.
- Clear understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
- Previous consultancy experience: you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings
- Working towards or achieved Chartered Engineer status
- Autonomous approach: able to lead small projects/tasks and able to take a brief from the project lead on medium to large scale projects and deliver and control the tasks required under minimal supervision.
- Appreciation of client needs, with ability to be client and project team facing
- Be confident in using relevant building services software (Revit)
- Private medical scheme
- Life Assurance
- Income protection
- Electrical car salary sacrifice scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
You will join a talented, dynamic, and diverse team of designers, engineers and technical specialists with a unique working culture. As a Senior Mechanical Engineer
, you will collaborate with the industry’s best as well as being surrounded by mentors and a support network to help you to embrace new challenges, grow, develop your skills and experience to progress with your career.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a CV to email@example.com
or click APPLY online!