Long term contract!
One of the UK's most experienced framework contractors with a project portfolio boasting academic, healthcare and other public sector works, is seeking to expand their team in the south west.
They are in need of an experienced and diligent Project Manager to work on a new scheme in the heart of Dorset and take responsibility from initial enabling works through the lifecycle of the project which is due to complete in 2027.
The Project Manager will need to be familiar with post demolition enabling works to include Section 278 works, cut and fill, piling mat, retaining walls, new service connections, and service diversions prior to the main scheme, a £50m new build commencing thereafter so knowledge from Ground & enabling works to completion is essential.
Typical duties will include:
• Management of the works and managing a team on site to safely deliver the works safely, on time and to budget.
• Manage day to day operations to ensure construction is conducted in a safe manner.
• Manage commercials, budget, and detail any issued to the senior management teams.
• Ensure program schedule is maintained and delivered on time and within budget, while maintaining a high quality of work.
• Ensure the project is delivered in accordance with the appropriate standards, specifications, and regulatory requirements.
• Carrying out regular inspections to monitor performance and ensure health & safety compliance throughout the construction process.
• Manage subcontractors and direct labour resources.
• Hold review meetings and report regularly on all construction activities (budget, scheduling etc).
• Assist the estimating team in the preparation of the project estimate or cost plans.
• Contribute to work planning, and briefing project teams, contractors, and suppliers.
• Undertake full handover of projects / packages of work.
You'll need to have previous experience of working on Tier1 Healthcare contracts, and have the usual SMSTS, CSCS card (Black or White), First aid at work qualifications plus a relevant HND/Degree - ideally with an NVQ 6/7 and Scaffold awareness.
You should have a proven track record and a demonstrable career history at Project Management level with sound knowledge of CDM regulations & building regulations and a strong technical and commercial ability.
This is a great opportunity for consistency due to the proposed contract duration and with a start date looking imminent, if this could be of interest, please forward your CV today!