South West - Truro, Plymouth, Exeter, Bristol (hybrid
Salary - £35k - £60k (depending on level of experience)
Performance related bonus, 25 days plus BH, pension + medical cover + flexible working.
My client who is a award winning company and engineering consultancy based in the South West of England are seeking a Sustainability Lead to join their team. They are committed to the environment and the community, and passionate about delivering practical, effective and sustainable designs. They are seeking a highly motivated individual to deliver projects for clients and to lead the Sustainability Team.
Reporting to the Director responsible for sustainability, the role is in response to the growing demand for these services from existing and new clients. Working with the Building Physics team and other building services capability leads, you will be involved in delivering and managing projects, as well as helping the business grow in this area. You will hold a relevant degree and ideally will be chartered or working towards professional accreditation.
The position provides excellent career prospects and an opportunity to be instrumental in accelerating the implementation of sustainable solutions for their clients. The successful candidate will be client facing and comfortable in developing, supporting and mentoring others.
Key requirements / experience:
• Must have a building physics or sustainability background.
• Good commercial awareness and experience of working in a consulting practice.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Experienced in sustainability appraisals, particularly BREEAM.
• Experience of Embodied Carbon / Whole Life Assessments.
• Understanding of funding sources and applications, including supporting processes.
• Ability to represent the company in client and multi-disciplinary design team meetings.
• Experienced in engagement and leadership with wider industry sustainability forums.
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
• Provide technical advice and guidance to clients.
• Assist junior team members.
• Creation, improvement, and evaluation of company internal processes.
• Commutable 45-mile radius of of the offices, Truro, Exeter, Plymouth or Bristol
The salary on this role is based on level of experience therefore please get in touch if you wish to obtain further information.
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07930998891