Managing Quantity Surveyor – Devon & Cornwall
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be part of the growth of a new region for an established contractor moving into the area off the back of project wins with key clients and a very healthy pipeline of works!
RGB Recruitment are wishing to speak with Managing Quantity Surveyors looking to join a leading property services contractor who are new to the region and looking to make a presence!
If you are a Managing Surveyor with drive and ambition, experience in large property services and maintenance frameworks, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
This is a newly presented opportunity for an MQS who has a desire to make something their own but to work collaboratively with the Divisional Manager and the team to support with growth. You must have property maintenance experience as a given and have managed a team of surveyors.
As the Managing Quantity Surveyor, you will provide commercial support to the project team and surveyors, maintaining commercial information and ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and manage the commercial resources of the assigned project to maximise cashflow across Devon & Cornwall.
- To develop and manage the Regions budget in consultation with the Divisional Manager and monitor
- To ensure implementation of all of the Divisions Commercial Procedures and additionally to ensure the adequacy of sub-contract orders placed
- Give contractual advice and support services as requested
- To maximise the Divisions cash balance by ensuring the expedient submission of payment applications and the monitoring of payment due dates
- Accountable for project forecasts
- Directly supervises Senior / Quantity Surveyors, assist in all aspects of their personal professional development
- Optimise the profitability of the company
- Ensure financial reporting is carried out to the companies requirements and standards
- Lead commercial teams to ensure project(s) are adequately resourced
- Prepare budgets and site objectives in conjunction with the site management team
- Monitor all cost expenditure; and in conjunction with the site management, implement cost control measures
- Experience of working in a similar position
- Expert knowledge within property maintenance, skill and experience is a must
- Relevant Quantity Surveying qualification desired
- Strong written, oral communication skills and negotiation
- Strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office and Project
- Relevant driving licence
If you would like to discuss, please do call RGB Recruitment, Exeter and ask for Nicky Harris.