We’re working with one of the world’s leading multidisciplinary consultancies who are looking to add an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to their growing Bristol team. This consultancy are one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies, with over 37,000 employees worldwide.
This opportunity will involve working as part of a national practice of Building Design professionals delivering engineering design solutions to clients across the UK. This role will encompass a multi-sector experience, but expertise from working within the Commercial, Residential, Education or Transportation sectors would be a benefit.
- Ensuring an understanding of project briefs.
- Design and specification of all Mechanical Building Services systems - heating, cooling, ventilation, controls, etc.
- Carry out (and managing of others), in the production of detailed calculations using industry standard digital tools inc. Excel, IES, Hevacomp, in-house developed tools, etc.
- Preparing technical specifications using NBS.
- Collaborate with our BIM team to prepare models and drawings, with a working understanding of Autodesk Revit.
- Representing at meetings with clients and contractors.
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works.
- Report and technical note writing.
- Maintaining complete records and archives to company standards.
- Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services Engineering / Mechanical Engineering or related subjects.
- Chartered Engineer with CIBSE or IMechE.
- Good level of computer literacy in a range of digital tools including IES thermal modelling package, Hevacomp, NBS and Microsoft packages.
- Familiar with energy reduction methods and approaches to decarbonising new and existing buildings.
- Some knowledge of energy related contracts and funding mechanisms such as SALIX.
- Understanding of energy and carbon related data capture and analytics.
- Awareness of the principles of building physics such as passive design solutions and fabric first approaches.
- Competent in designing for measurement and verification, including experience of commissioning and post installation evaluation of performance.
- Experience of working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor design environment is essential.
What’s on offer?
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance
- 25 days annual leave
- Access to the best private medical consultants
- Charitable donation scheme
- Cycle to work
- Dental insurance
- Retail discounts
- Gym memberships
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a worldwide successful consultancy, if you are interested please apply! email@example.com