An established civil and structural engineering consultancy has recently opened a regional office in Cardiff. They have done an excellent job of recruiting a local team of civil and structural engineers and are now focusing on their search for a senior structural engineer from a building structures background to bridge the gap between the design team and senior management.
Are you looking for a relaxed and contemporary working environment, with an emphasis on quality not quantity?
We are looking for an experienced structural engineer…. a designer, a really good designer with experience with building structures. What’s equally as important is personality; fitting in with the team is important and we need communication skills and a good sense of humour.
You will be given you own client accounts to manage so it is important that you will enjoy relationship building in a client facing role
You can expect the following responsibilities:
- Detailed design and analysis duties on a variety of buildings from various sectors including; residential commercial industrial and education up to £20 in value
- Point of contact on your own projects
- Liaising with and providing direction to more junior members of the design team
- Communicating with contractors and architects
- Liaising with clients and answering queries
- Attending site meetings
- Gradually taking on more responsibility while you work into a position in senior management
This business has a contemporary approach to their work and there is a real focus on work/life balance and as such there is a flexible working policy along with regular staff social events. All engineers and technicians are provided with the necessary tools for personal development and this is actively encouraged.
This multidisciplinary practice has a both Civil and Structural team and are rapidly expanding both. Candidates will ideally meet the following criteria:
- A relevant degree in civil or structural engineering
- Experience with industry standard software such as Fastrak,Tedds and Tekla
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of the design process
- We are essentially looking for a commercially astute problem solver
This is an excellent opportunity to join an emerging civil and structural team in South Wales. The opportunities for progression that come with joining a team at a relatively early stage are clear to see. This practice is winning more and more work and needs talented engineers to help grow their team further. This role comes with a salary of Circa £50,000 + package depending on experience. Successful candidates will also have the option to split their time between the office and home working.