Design Manager – Bristol
An opportunity has arisen for a Design Manager to join a regional contractor on a permanent basis to cover the Southwest. The purpose of the role will be to co-ordinate projects from tender stage through to the completion of construction stage design information and you will be working on both tenders and live projects. You will ideally have a proven track record of undertaking design management activities at both tender and construction stages across a range of sectors including education, health, commercial, residential, accommodation and retail.
- Develop relationships with clients during early concept stages; manage expectations of the project through regular communication and discussions regarding requirements and specifications;
- Identify and check contents of Client information, develop Contractors Proposals, qualifications list, design information and marketing documentation for the tender and then be able to deliver compliant designs within these parameters;
- Manage relationships across the project team - with the client, professional team (consultants) and subcontractors;
- Review any subcontract enquiries and documentation to ensure alignment with agreed design philosophy;
- Review the design on an ongoing basis, identify potential interface problems & construction sequencing/buildability and resolve with the design team and subcontractors.
- Competent user of MS packages e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Teams
- Competent user of Collaborative platforms such as Asite, 4Projects
- Appreciation of current Building Regulations
- Knowledge of current BREEAM & Sustainability requirements
- Understanding and coordination of MEP design/systems and their integration within the construction process
- Relevant driving licence
If you would like to discuss, please do call RGB recruitment and ask for Nicky Harris.