Looking to start your career with a bang?
Are you a technically minded college leaver or junior/trainee CAD technician with a good CAD skills and an interest in design relating to building structures?
We are delighted to be looking for a CAD Technician with ambitions to work within structural and architectural engineering for an award winning practice in Bath. As a CAD Technician, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Producing detailed drawings, arrangements and models of building structures under the guidance of a senior technician
- Working closely with and supporting senior technicians
- Learning new software such as AutoCAD and Revit structure
- Communicating with contractors and architects
- Gradually taking on more responsibility until you are leading your own projects running solo site visits
We are specifically looking for a technician who wishes to push their career forward in a BIM environment, someone who wants to be actively involved the integration of design and modelling packages into this practices’ flagship projects
This practice covers traditional engineering sectors such as; education, residential, commercial and healthcare. However, they are recognised for their contemporary yet historically in keeping designs as well as specialising in sensitive engineering techniques for historic structures. My client has offices based near central Bath and a has pleasant working environment. This office covers sites across the UK.
Essential criteria for this role:
- Basic experience with AutoCAD
- An interest in building design and CAD in construction
- Excellent communication skills
- A willingness to learn
This business offers exciting and interesting work. A motivated, supportive and focused team based in Bath. A flexible and understanding approach to family and personal commitments with an informal flexi-time arrangement. Support and motivation towards achieving personal development and career goals
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well known business in the South West. This practice is a major player in their market and needs talented engineers to help grow their team further.