I have a unique opportunity for a dedicated and driven quantity surveyor, looking to join a reputable house building company in Exeter.
As an experienced surveyor with a proven background working on residential developments, you will be able to confidently run your own projects.
You will be commercially astute and meticulous in your detailed reporting. You will have a self starter attitude and able to take full commercial responsibility for your projects. Reporting to the commercial manager, you will manage 1 large multiphase site or 2 smaller schemes. Based in the Exeter office, you will visit your sites regularly and have the opportunity to work from home 1 day a week. You will be responsible for either a brand new scheme or existing schemes with new phases.
Summary of duties:
- You will undertake cost analysis comparisons for subcontractors from tender enquiry to analysis and contract placement.
- Identify risk, cost control and value management.
- Valuations, measurement, and final account, CVRs.
- Predicting profitability and ensure this is upheld throughout the project and ensure the schemes come within budget.
Applicants should possess the below experience:
- A housing development background is essential
- Accustomed to running your own residential projects
- Ideally qualified to degree or HNC level relevant to Construction or Quantity surveying
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Fully IT literate
- A team player
Joining a reputable and market leading developer, who deliver a high quality home with excellent customer feedback!
On offer is a highly competitive salary and package for candidates who have a proven background working within residential development. All possible sites are no more than 45 minutes of the office in Exeter.
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Key Words: Construction, QS, Dorset, quantity surveyor, QS, new builds, construction, new homes, QS, construction, quantity surveyor, Exeter, Devon, QS construction, new builds, new homes, construction, Exeter, Devon, QS