Are you an Electrical Engineer looking for a new role in a progressive consultancy with a strong focus on sustainability?
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
A friendly and growing MEP & Low Carbon engineering consultancy based in Bristol are looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their team.
The consultancy are a dynamic building services and low carbon design practice at the forefront of low energy building design, working in a range of industry sectors. They deliver award winning projects across a diverse range of sectors, including low and zero-carbon buildings, residential schemes, and low energy retrofit of existing and heritage buildings. They are CIBSE award winners for work across low energy Passivhaus building work.
About the role:
You will be a key part of the team, client facing, delivering engineering designs for buildings from
concept level to completion, achieving outstanding results. Responsibilities include:
- Designing electrical systems for multiple projects at various stages
- Produce drawings in 2D and 3D design using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Preparation of reports and specifications
- Engage with design teams and clients during design phase of projects
- Monitor progress on site, taking a leading role during commissioning and handover
- Coordinating with multidisciplinary teams.
- Supervising graduate and assistant engineers.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
What’s in it for you?
- CEng - Chartered membership of a professional institution (or be working towards this)
- BEng or MEng degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant subject
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of designing electrical systems for buildings.
- Interest in responding to the climate emergency by providing low carbon engineering solutions.
- Effective communication skills
- Be motivated, practically minded, independent, enthusiastic, and personable.
- Competence in software such as Amtech, AutoCAD, Revit, IES or Dialux
- Interest in supporting/training junior engineers.
• Highly competitive salary
• 25 days annual leave plus Bank holidays, with options to purchase additional days
• Flexible and hybrid working
• Pension scheme
• Performance bonus scheme
• Socials and away-days
• Training and support towards becoming a chartered engineer and professional membership, if
• Mentoring scheme.
You will join a talented, dynamic, and diverse team of designers, engineers, and technical specialists with a unique working culture. As a Senior Electrical Engineer
, you will collaborate with the industry’s best as well as being surrounded by mentors and a support network to help you to embrace new challenges, grow, develop your skills and experience to progress with your career.
If you are interested in this opportunity – please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or click APPLY online!