Are you a Mechanical Engineer looking for progression in 2024?
Principal Mechanical Engineer
£58,000 - £70,000
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join an experienced sustainable building services consultancy in Birmingham, where you will be a key part of the Mechanical services team.
The consultancy covers a wide range of sectors including commercial, industrial, healthcare, residential and education where client care and repeat business are crucial to the company’s success.
You will join a talented, dynamic, and diverse team of designers, engineers, and technical specialists with a unique working culture. As a Principal Mechanical Engineer, you will collaborate with the industry’s best as well as being surrounded by mentors and a support network to help you to embrace new challenges. You will be given the opportunity to have a high degree of self-government and take the lead on a range of projects to enhance your capabilities and develop your skills.
Within this role as a Principal Mechanical Engineer:
- You will be acting as Project Leader on selected projects
- Attending principal/management meetings
- Making client presentations on selected projects
- Helping generate repeat business though building relationships with clients
- Management of Engineers and Technicians in the production of calculations, design deliverables (including drawings, specifications, and reports), site surveys, client liaison, project management and any other relevant duty.
- Collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary members of the design team to deliver safe and efficient solutions.
You should have strong technical expertise, good leadership, and problem-solving skills, and be a forward planner with the ability to deliver high-standard work to project programmes. You should also be able to take on the management of more junior team members, along with client relationship management. What we’re looking for:
What’s on offer…
- We are looking for someone with a Degree in Building Services Engineering
- A CIBSE professional registration (CEng)
- Substantial experience – at least 10 years working within the building services engineering area.
- Experience in Software design including - Microsoft, IES, Revit
- An understanding of incorporating various renewable technologies.
- Experience in managing Senior Engineers, Apprentices and Graduates.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Understanding of commercial elements of projects.
- Able to travel to the office in Birmingham and clients across the region.
- Highly competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Work from home policy
- Flexible working hours
- Annual parking permit
- Excellent growth and career opportunities
- Company pension contribution
- Assistance with any CPD including CIBSE Membership grades.
If you are interested in this exclusive opportunity – please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or click APPLY online!