Are you a Mechanical Engineer looking to join a globally successful consultancy in 2024?
Senior Mechanical Engineer
£36,500 - £55,500
We’re working with one of the world’s leading multidisciplinary consultancies who are looking to add an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to their growing Bristol team. This consultancy are one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies, with over 37,000 employees worldwide.
This opportunity will involve working as part of a national practice of Building Design professionals delivering engineering design solutions to clients across the UK. This role will encompass a multi-sector experience, but expertise from working within the Commercial, Residential, Education or Transportation sectors would be a benefit.
- Ensuring an understanding of project briefs.
- Design and specification of all Mechanical Building Services systems - heating, cooling, ventilation, controls, etc.
- Carry out (and managing of others), in the production of detailed calculations using industry standard digital tools inc. Excel, IES, Hevacomp, in-house developed tools, etc.
- Collaborate with our BIM team to prepare models and drawings, with a working understanding of Autodesk Revit.
- Representing at meetings with clients and contractors.
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works.
- Report and technical note writing.
- Maintaining complete records and archives to company standards.
What’s on offer?
- Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services Engineering / Mechanical Engineering or related subjects.
- Chartered Engineer with CIBSE or IMechE.
- Good level of computer literacy in a range of digital tools including IES thermal modelling package, Hevacomp, NBS and Microsoft packages.
- Familiar with energy reduction methods and approaches to decarbonising new and existing buildings.
- Understanding of energy and carbon related data capture and analytics.
- Awareness of the principles of building physics such as passive design solutions and fabric first approaches.
- Competent in designing for measurement and verification, including experience of commissioning and post installation evaluation of performance.
- Experience of working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor design environment is essential.
- Highly competitive salary
- Car allowance
- 25 days annual leave
- Access to the best private medical consultants
- Gym memberships
You will join a talented, dynamic, and diverse team of designers, engineers, and technical specialists with a unique working culture. As a Senior Mechanical Engineer
, you will collaborate with the industry’s best as well as being surrounded by mentors and a support network to help you to embrace new challenges. You will be given the opportunity to have a high degree of self-government and take the lead on a range of projects to enhance your capabilities and develop your skills.
If you are interested in this exclusive opportunity – please send a CV to email@example.com
or click APPLY online!