Are you looking to take the next step in your Building Services career?
Do you want to work for a large, worldwide firm with endless opportunities?
Is leading a team something that you’re passionate about?
I have a fantastic opportunity to join a large, worldwide multi-disciplinary firm in their busy, successful West Midlands office. Based in the heart of the second city, this firm have the perfect office to develop your career as a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer. With an M&E Design team of circa 60 people you’ll be running projects and managing a team.
The role of Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Day-to-day co-ordination and supervision of the activities of a team
- Monitoring progress against project plans and budgets, identifying potential issues and referring them to a more senior manager
- Supporting the development of less experienced team members
- Checking the work of less experienced staff, in accordance with Operational Procedures
- Representing the business at meetings with third parties
- Pro-actively managing own professional development within the framework provided by accredited training agreements
- Manage engineering projects and co-ordinate resource and activities to achieve short-term time and financial targets
- Produce engineering designs, calculations and specifications, using appropriate technical software
- Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others, in accordance with Operational Procedures
- Provide training and coaching to less experienced staff
What you’ll need for the role of Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Engineering qualification at Bachelor’s degree level or higher in a relevant discipline
- Proven technical competence and experience
- Proven ability to plan and programme own work and that of others
- Demonstrable commitment to supporting the professional development of less experienced staff
- Evidence of progress towards achieving recognition as a Chartered professional
Benefits for Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- 23 Days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Professional subscriptions
- Life assurance
- Car allowance
- Flexible benefit scheme
If you are interested in thus opportunity, please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org