Electrical Design Engineer
Are you looking to join a company where you will make a difference?
Do you value career progression?
Are you looking to develop your career?
The role of an Electrical Engineer will consist of working closely with the senior engineers and associates to produce a high standard of design for electrical services such as LV distribution, lighting, small power, fire and security etc. using a range of software including Prodesign (Amtech), Dialux, AutoCAD and Revit. You will need good written and verbal communication skills as you will be expected to liaise with Clients and Contractors. You will undertake your own design work which will include report and specification writing and the production of 2D drawings and 3D models. Opportunities exist for progression and you will be given support and guidance by senior members of the team to support your professional development and help you to fulfil your potential and to get the most out of your career.
The ideal Electrical Engineer candidate will hold qualifications relevant to engineering (degree preferred) with hands-on design experience. They will have or will be working towards membership status with the IET and must hold a full UK drivers licence.
Key skills needed for an Electrical Engineer are
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and hardworking individual with a proactive approach to work and professional development
- A methodical approach and good problem solver
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Dialux and ideally Revit
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team environment
- Membership of relevant professional body such as IET is preferred
Benefits for an Electrical Engineer
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Regular and committed training and CPD opportunities
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Sickness Pay scheme
- Flexible working
- 25 Days Holiday
With four UK offices, they are a well-established firm. The company have worked on some really exciting projects across sectors such as Education, Retail, Leisure and Research Facilities. It’s a great place to have a career, consistently recognised in the Good Employer Guide, they are committed to ongoing training and development.