Long Term opportunity
An innovative Construction Management business is looking to source a Design Manager to join their South West team and provide a total Design management solution for a forthcoming project in Cornwall.
You would be overseeing and monitoring the design process from planning stage to completion and handover and assuming the following responsibilities:
• Effective daily management of the Design elements of the project (internal and external) to ensure the provision of required level of services in a pro-active and professional manner to enable other departments to fulfil their role.
• Liaising with the Commercial Department, ensure fees and services budgets, appraisals, cost plans and viabilities are prepared to ensure the project meets the Company’s financial criteria and ensuring variances to budget are reported.
• Review all Design layout drawings at key stages of design and development to ensure Viability, Planning Application, Tender, and Pre Start.
• Establish good working relationships with site staff and department heads to ensure schemes are constructed as intended and to encourage feedback for inclusion in future schemes to avoid wastage and improve the product.
• Provide advice and guidance on potential design changes and value engineering
• Updating Document management system and distributing paperwork, drawing and technical data ensuring the flow of information is up to date.
• Develop good working relationships with consultants and clients ensuring a good flow of information and efficiency
Candidates must display a solid career history in Design Management within a Main Contracting environment, have sound construction knowledge and understanding alongside great communication skills.
This a super opportunity to join a different kind of business who focus on collaboration and successful delivery.
Interviewing now, please call for a confidential discussion or email to apply.