An opportunity has arisen for a Design Co-Ordinator to join a Tier One Contractor on a permanent basis. The position is due to expansion within the team due to a secure pipeline of work. The role is to manage and co-ordinate the design of complex and large value projects from tender stage through to the completion of construction stage design information.
To utilise construction knowledge and experience to develop innovative and cost effective design solutions in conjunction with the design team, apply value engineering principles to ensure best value for all parties, and ensure an effective construction phase by applying an understanding of site management practices, interface management, risks, costs and co-ordination.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of undertaking design coordination activities at both tender and construction stages. This experience will include working on single stage, two stage and negotiated contracts across a range of sectors including education (schools, further and higher), health, commercial, residential, accommodation, retail and industrial.
• Develop innovative design solutions to clients briefs with input from the professional team and subcontractors
• Develop relationships with clients during early concept stages; manage expectations of the project through regular communication and discussions regarding requirements and specifications
• Chair and minute design team meetings and design workshops to arrive at solutions which are cost effective and meet the requirements of the procurement and construction activities
• Identify and check contents of Contractors Proposals, qualifications list, design information and marketing documentation for the tender and then be able to deliver compliant design within these parameters
• Competent user of MS packages e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word Experience of Powerproject Teamplan or similar
• Competent user of Collaborative platforms such as ASite, 4Projects;
• Well developed Technical Construction knowledge of current Building Regulations
• Knowledge of current BREEAM/Passivhaus requirements
• Understanding of M&E design and interface with build