Bid Writer - Plymouth
An incredible opportunity has arisen for Bid Writer to join a building maintenance company on a permanent basis. This individual will possess high academic standards with expertise in the building maintenance industry and will have handled high profile and complex projects, be able to communicate effectively and have a thorough understanding of their specialist area. Be able to demonstrate skills in identifying, analysing, and solving problems and using other applications such as Excel, Outlook and Word.
As a tender specialist, you will be responsible for completing tender proposals to a value of £2m including pre-qualification questionnaires. Previous experience within a similar role and a sound knowledge in the preparation and submission of large tenders and quotations are essential. An understanding of project management and/or experience in other areas of project controls is desirable (i.e. planning, scheduling, estimating etc...)”.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that all tenders prepared are in accordance with the business objectives and company procedures.
• Liaise with clients, consultants, quantity surveyors, and other third parties.
• Actively monitor tender portals for relevant projects and establish contact.
• Review and evaluate all tender enquiries for completeness and accuracy.
• Administrate correspondence and tender documentation throughout the supply chain.
• Organise and attend site visits with suppliers and subcontractors.
• Obtain pricing in a timely manner to meet with submission deadlines.
• Review and evaluate all project costs and provide a complete price submission.
• Compile Case Studies for previously completed projects.
• Assess the levels of business risk on each project.
• Assess and provide all associated evidence to the highest standard and in line with the requirements specified within each enquiry
• Compile and provide detailed handover information for all successful bids to the Operations team
• Monitor the various stages of all successful bids to ensure costs are kept in line with the forecast
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Tender preparation and submission in the commercial building industry within a variety of specialties.
• Proven, successful tendering experience in building maintenance works.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal English.
• Highly numerate, uses initiative and solves problems independently
• Good organisation and time management skills
• Demonstrates strong attention to detail
• Full clean driving licence is required and a DBS will be conducted
If you would like to discuss, please do call RGB Recruitment Exeter and ask for Nicky Harris.