The Role of Pre-Construction/Design Manager:
As Pre-Construction / Design Manager, you will be responsibility for the design of the project throughout from early design to procurement. You will be expected to work closely and build collaborative relationships with external consultants, utility providers and the local Council to ensure that services are in line with regulatory requirements and required principles of all stakeholders.
Duties of the Pre-construction / Design Manager, but not limited to:
• Working with Consultants to develop plans for a scheme in line with framework / feasibility expectations
and the budget.
• Previous exposure of working with Sectional Agreements such as S106, S38, S102 etc.
• Identifying key risks and abnormalities within the designs between consultants and suppliers and to
implement mitigation prior and during construction phase.
• Progressing all necessary surveys required to develop a design.
• Perform due diligence on design coordination across the project.
• Clearly define proposals throughout the Pre-Construction Stages of projects.
• Leading the delivery of projects, producing the required deliverables including budget, time constraints
and quality requirements.
• To be responsible for the design draft and full Contractors Proposals.
• To manage and maintain an updated risk register.
• Arranging and advising in all Design Team meetings
• Support in providing updates for all project reports, programme, quality and cost implications resulting
to your department.
• Supporting all phases of the project and respond to all matters that may affect the project objective.
• Effectively handing over information to the Operations Team.
Experience and Attributes need to apply:
• It is essential to have experience within the housebuilding sector
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Good understanding of buildability, design, planning and commercial management.
• Strong IT / reporting skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
What’s on offer:
• Competitive Salary of up to £52,000
• Strong pipeline of work and longevity of work in Devon & Cornwall
• 25 days + 8 day bank holiday
• Lucrative Pension scheme!
• Target based bonus scheme, business mileage
Joining a small, yet rapidly expanding business, leading to opportunities of progression in the future. This really is a great time to be joining them and being part of the success and growth. Flexible and fair working, mix of office, site and home
Please click to apply or contact Abi 01392 314052 for more information!