Assistant Quantity Surveyor – Bristol
An opportunity has arisen to join a leading construction main contractor to work on prestigious projects across the region ranging in value from £1m to £35m including education, health, defence, leisure and hospitality. You will be supporting the project team in all commercial matters, liaising with site teams, taking the lead with contract administration. Your first scheme, you would be involved in a £20M office refurbishment.
You will be responsible for ensuring the timely submission of valuations and making sure cash flow is maximised. A key part of this progressive role will be assisting with; internal valuations/VCR/End Life Forecasts, preparing accurate and timely monthly valuation reports and organising the procurement and management of subcontract packages.
• Valuations, payments
• Subcontractor packages
• Support with project variations; subcontract variations
• Monthly applications for payment; final accounting
• Experience within a recognised Main Contractor
• Ideally qualified to degree or HNC level in Construction or Quantity Surveying or working towards
• Confident communication and negotiation skills
• Fully IT literate and numeric
• Keen to continue professional development and career progression
If you would like to discuss, please do call RGB Recruitment Exeter and ask for Nicky Harris.