Seeking a Health & Safety position offering variety & autonomy with an established business?
This well-known and expanding regional building contractor has built an enviable reputation for providing a professional and tailored service to their wide range of clients. They are currently seeking an experienced Health & Safety Manager to join the team and lead this function.
The role will involve taking responsibility for the Health & Safety plans and policies of the business alongside controlling of QA procedures.
Projects can vary in size and complexity so candidates must demonstrate their adaptability and knowledge, being confident in overseeing the H & S of a variety of construction projects from £1m-£15m in a range of sectors including Health, Commercial and Residential developments.
Duties will include:
• Performing site inspections, site visits and internal audits
• Provide progress reports to the senior management team on safety goals and intentions
• Deliver high quality accident investigation reports
• Promote a positive Health and Safety culture and whilst increasing the environmental awareness within the wider team
• Provide training & guidance to site teams and other staff members where required and appropriate
Applicants will have:
• Previous H & S Management experience with a recognised building contractor
• A proven track record and knowledge within the construction industry
• A high standard and keen eye for detail around H & S and quality
• Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to build and develop good relationships with project teams
• Up to date understanding and knowledge of legislation of H & S, Environmental & Quality
• Hold in date, recognised H & S qualifications including NEBOSH
• Organised and efficient with excellent IT skills
This company offers a stable working environment and a competitive remuneration package to its employees. This is a rare opportunity to join an established business in a leading and autonomous role.
Looking to appoint shortly, please call Tanya to apply 01392 537018.