We have a sensitive yet exciting opportunity for an experienced Structural Engineer who has ambitions set on business ownership. The role involves joining as Associate Director, leading the structural operations for the Bristol office of a well-established multidisciplinary engineering consultancy.
Initially this role will involve taking a lead position in the structural team, both ensuring the smooth delivery of projects while developing new local business. Once established in the team, a pathway into equity in the business will become available for the right candidate.
Who are we looking for?
- A talented Structural Engineer with excellent local contacts, someone who is known to Architects, Project Managers and Contractors.
- Someone who is outgoing with an entrepreneurial attitude and happy representing the company at the highest levels
- Must be from a building structures background with good business acumen
- Experience developing new business and nurturing relationships
- Managing a talented and experienced structural team ensuring the smooth delivery of projects
- Developing business for the office
- Maintaining existing relationships
- Taking responsibility for recruitment and growth
- Running team meetings
- Work force planning
- Inputting on critical business decisions
- Managing key accounts
- Attending networking events
- Profit and loss
The company? A highly regarded engineering consultancy which provides and number of services, it holds a rich history and is going from strength to strength. As you’ll see from the list below, it’s work load is spread across as number of sectors which provides an abundant and diverse work stream as well as excellent job security . This business has offices across the country and has a superb reputation for innovative and sustainable design. The Bristol offices is the flagship office and the most profitable, making this position even more integral to the businesses continued success Projects range up to £200m in value and include;
- International technology projects
- Care homes
- Logistics and distribution
- Student accommodation
- Some of the tallest buildings in the region
This role offers a salary of up to £85,000 as well as a bonus of up to 15% depending on performance. Also included in the package is private healthcare and above average private pension and holiday allowance. Flexible hours and hybrid home working are of course on offer.
This opportunity is part of a wider succession and as such offers a very real opportunity to advance into a position of co-business ownership and the regional management
Due to the sensitive nature of this role, this is but snap shot of what is on offer. If you'd like a confidential conversation to discuss further, please contact Patrick at RGB Recruitment either through the apply button, RGB website or LinkedIn.