Building Surveyor – Birmingham – Up to £45k + benefits
Outstanding opportunity for an experienced Building Surveyor to join an award winning, top multi-discipline property and construction consultancy.
This company pride themselves on offering client care and advice that very few can match. Current projects include large industrial and commercial schemes with contract values over £30m to smaller schemes and working for interesting clients including schools/universities, retail, local authority, contractors and developers.
With one of the largest teams of chartered surveyors in the property sector, located in regional offices across the UK, there is a depth and breadth of experience, expertise and local knowledge to support their clients at every stage of property investment, ownership and occupation from acquisition to disposal.
Responsibilities to include:
• Providing advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of all types of residential and commercial property
• Carrying out building and measured surveys
• Ensuring buildings conform to the latest building regulations and technical standards
• Taking particulars on site, writing up specifications, obtaining estimates, planning maintenance programmes and administering contracts for maintenance work
• Analysing and report on building defects
• Handling claims and negotiations with loss adjusters leading to the preparation of drawings and specifications for remedial work
• Preparing schedules of dilapidations (land and buildings)
• Providing advice in connection with planning applications, appeals, boundary disputes, government grants, conducting arbitrations and acting as an expert witness
• Supervision of building work on site
• Chartered status (MRICS or equivalent)
• Commercially focused
• Asset management and loss adjusting experience
• Private sector experience
• Proven business development skills
The role will require you to be a key point of contact with prestigious clients, therefore a high level of communication skills and commercial awareness are essential for being successful in this role.
This Company invest heavily in their biggest assets, their people. You will be handsomely rewarded for all of your hard work.
• Company car or car allowance
• Company bonus scheme
• Private Healthcare