Exciting new role in Exeter
We are looking for experienced Graduate Structural Engineers with particular ambitions around building structures. The company is a highly respected local practice which holds a substantial share of the market. The team is a mixture of structural and civil engineers and technicians, currently holding 6 Chartered Structural Engineers and punching well above its weight. Projects typically range from small domestic jobs to multi-million pound mixed use schemes with a high local profile.
Other projects include:
- Biomass plants
- 4 storey mixed use development – Plymouth
- Underground car park and foundations
- 7 storey luxury flats with complex foundation challenges
We require a graduate structural engineer with a keen interest in building design to work across all of this business’ core projects including a 25m waste to energy scheme in the South West. You will be required to report directly to the company’s director, we need someone of excellent attention to detail and good time management skills.
This business has heavily invested in the right staff, software and working environment, an excellent indicator of a progressive local practice.
- Detailed design and analysis duties on building structures from a range of sectors including unique historical projects with contemporary elements
- Undertaking site visits, supporting site managers on technical issues
- Obtaining a good understanding of issues on site and devising and providing solutions with particular emphasis on sensitive engineer methods for historical structures
- Communicating with contractors, architects and clients – building lasting relationships
- Working towards chartereship with full support from the business
Salary ranges between £30,000 and £40,000 depending on experience with a healthy annual bonus. The business has a contemporary office space in an easily accessible location close to central Exeter, the encourage a healthy work-life balance and flexible working is offered.