We are looking for an experienced Graduate Structural Engineer to join an established consultancy in desirable location in the Cardiff area on a permanent basis. You will be joining a vibrant and talented design team. Candidates of a more senior level will also be considered.
This practice has an outstanding local reputation and a reassuringly low staff turnover. The majority of their business is from repeat clients and tends to be local and up to £30m in value. We are looking for someone personable with a strong communication and a sense of humour, building and maintaining relationships are an important part of this role so these qualities are essential.
This role will involve the following:
• undertaking design calculations on buildings from a range of sectors and of varying construction values
• Liaising with clients, architects, building services engineers and other professionals outside the company
• Complete work to agreed timescales, programme and budgetary constraints
• Motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
• Good communicator with an excellent understanding of the design process
Candidates from a structural background would be preferred along with the following experience:
• Preferably ONC or HNC or Equivalent in Building Structures or Civil Engineering
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience on building structure projects in the UK
• Good working knowledge of industry standard software such as Tekla Building Designer
• Experience of working with traditional materials such as steelwork, masonry, timber & reinforced concrete an advantage
The role would suit someone who is keen to work toward chartered status and looking for a practice than can help achieve this through mentorship and CPD.
This firm is a prestigious and innovative general practice in a convenient location with free parking and a friendly and relaxed working atmosphere. This role is an excellent opportunity to take a crucial role in the design team of a growing practice