Senior Quantity Surveyor required to join a Principal Civil Engineering contractor as they embark on Projects in the South West of England.
Their new state of the art offices will be located just minutes from Exeter’s city centre set in beautiful parkland which has over 35 hectares to promote and encourage wellness and wellbeing in the working environment.
As an organisation they currently operate across projects within Highways, Industrial and commercial, Bridges, Flood Defence and car parks in projects across the UK supporting some of the most prestigious projects.
Despite the current climate the organisation have been very busy throughout the pandemic and are currently in an enviable position with a number of projects secured spanning across Somerset, Bristol, Devon and Cornwall. As a result there is now an additional opportunity for an experienced QS to join the commercial department and support the Commercial Director.
- Preparation of tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget accordingly
- Perform risk, value management and cost control
- Allocate work to subcontractors
- Provide advice on contractual claims
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- Value completed work and arrange payments
- Previous experience as a Quantity Surveyor working on civils projects
- Knowledge and skills in cost control of projects in the civils and Highways sector working on NEC 3 Contracts and multiple projects.
This company has an exciting future ahead as it embarks on building strong relationships in the South West. You will be joining an established, independent company include a competitive starting salary, contemporary working environment, huge scope for career progression and a fantastic incentive for shares within the business.
As well as being located close to the city centre your work place will have Superb on-site facilities to include a multi-million pound leisure complex with a state of the art fitness studios, a swimming pool, gourmet restaurant and bars that would rival any 5 star office location in Central London.
For a full job specification and to find out more please apply which will be followed up with a confidential conversation to discuss next steps.