Senior Quantity Surveyor
Highways & Civil Engineering
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is currently required to join a Civil Engineering Main Contractor for a Highways project based in the South West.
The project is an upgrade of a major dual carriageway on the M5 in the effort to provide a better link between the South East and the South West.
Typical projects include roads & sewers, foundations, infrastructure, major housing developments and Highways.
Despite the current climate the organisation have been very busy throughout the pandemic and are currently in an enviable position with a number of projects in the pipeline for the next 3 years. As a result there is now an additional opportunity for an experienced SQS to join the commercial department and support the Commercial Director. Due to the nature of the work you will need to demonstrate that you can build strong working relationships with the clients.
- Preparation of tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget accordingly
- Perform risk, value management and cost control
- Allocate work to subcontractors
- Provide advice on contractual claims
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- Value completed work and arrange payments
- Previous experience as a Quantity Surveyor working on large civils projects
- Knowledge and skills in cost control of projects in the civils and Highways sector working on NEC 3 Contracts and multiple projects.
This company has an exciting future ahead of it and the advantages of joining an established, independent company include a competitive starting salary, contemporary working environment, huge scope for career progression and a fantastic incentive for shares within the business.
To be considered for this role please apply or contact Laura Stephenson for more information.