Rail & Civil Engineering
RGB are delighted to be working in partnership with a Global Tier 1 Main Contractor to appoint a new Senior Estimator to be based in their Cambridgeshire Region.
As a company they operate in projects across Rail, Infrastructure, Build and Heavy Civils.
Leading the Pre-Construction team this role would be working across 2 of the business streams. Estimating contracts and projects during pre-contract/tender stage for a range of multi-disciplinary rail and infrastructure projects.
Despite the current climate the organisation have remained busy and are currently working on some of the most iconic projects in the UK to include HS2, Hinkley and Crossrail.
The main purpose of the role is to lead the current department and provide support for the Head of Estimating.
Other duties will include:
- provide estimates and calculating costs of the projects
- Being responsible for any financial, technical & contractual risks
- Fulfil the contract by maximising gross profit.
- Provide leadership and manage and motivate a team
- Support the bid team and tenders and the process from start to finish
- provide regular forecasts and reports to understand the progress of the project.
Due to the nature of the Projects it is essential that you have previous experience as an Estimator in a rail or civil engineering / infrastructure environment to include multi-disciplinary projects and/or frameworks.
This role could suit someone comfortable in working from home who would then commute to Cambridge when required for business or tender meetings.
To find about more about the role please get in touch with Laura at RGB Exeter or apply below.