Civil Engineering Main Contractor
South West of England with Travel
A contract Quantity Surveyor is currently required to join a Principal Civil Engineering contractor as they embark on Projects in the South West of England.
As an organisation they currently operate across projects within Highways, Industrial and commercial, Bridges, Flood Defence and car parks in projects across the UK supporting some of the most prestigious projects.
As the successfully appointedQS you will support the Managing QS and Commercial team with all of the costing for the Civil Engineering projects.
Due to the nature of the projects its essential that you have demonstrable experience with the following:
• Pro-active & independent with the ability to communicate well with people on all levels.
• Experience of working in high pressure, fast paced, challenging environments.
• Experience of working on NEC3 / JCT / ICC Contracts
• Assist in the preparation and presentation of monthly commercial performance for the board members
• Ability to develop strong relationships with internal departments, clients and subcontractors.
• Well versed in all aspects of quantity surveying including :
• Works valuations / Estimating
• Subcontract Procurement & Negotiation
• Subcontract Management & Compliance
• Change & Claims Management and Cost Control & Value Management
• Commercial Reporting – CVR’s / CFS / KPI’s / Performance / WIP
• Final Accounting, Cost Forecasting & Expenditure Profiling.
• Dispute Resolution
For a full job specification and to find out more please apply which will be followed up with a confidential conversation to discuss next steps.