Due to an expanding workload, we are seeking a Senior/Principal Engineer to join an award winning Civil Infrastructure Design team in Bristol. This is a fantastic opportunity as you will be heavily involved with the growth of the Civil Engineering team for this company.
Working alongside the Associate Director, you will be capable of working to a high technical standard. Knowledge of relevant design codes and software packages is essential as you will be required to generate, check and review engineering design/calculations for predominately residential developments. Self-motivation and a high degree of organisation are also considered key attributes as well as the ability to delegate and provide technical guidance to more junior staff members.
As the appointed engineer you will be highly technical and commercially aware with experience in leading projects. You will be highly proficient and experienced in the fields of highway design (preliminary and detailed design of Section 278, 104 and 38 works), surface/foul water drainage, external levels and ground modelling.
Schemes vary in size and you will be involved in the various life cycle elements of developments from conceptual work, through planning, leading to detailed design and approvals.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge, and experience of industry-standard software including Windes, PDS, AutoCAD, Civils 3D etc.
- Can demonstrate sound judgment and are astute in managing and leading small, medium and large projects.
- Seek practical, efficient, innovative and elegant solutions to engineering problems.
- Extensive experience managing project teams and technical/ financial management of projects at varying scales.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant policy and design standards.
- Excellent written, verbal and computer-based communication skills.
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline (e.g. BEng/ MEng Civil Engineering) (or can demonstrate multiple years of experience).
- Minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification UK experience in civil engineering design
Key responsibilities and duties
- Provide engineering advice and design input from feasibility through planning and onto construction.
- Produce highway and drainage designs, together with associated drawings and calculations for technical approvals and construction.
- Extensive communication with colleagues, clients and fellow design team professionals.
- Liaise with highway and water authorities, Lead Local Flood Authorities and other stakeholders to agree design parameters and obtain necessary approvals.
- Undertake 3D ground modelling to assess cut and fill quantities.
- Delegate and provide technical guidance to more junior staff members, whilst also acting as a mentor.
In return you'll be joining a company that can offer the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and develop technical skills in new industries rather than focusing on the same types of designs.
To learn more about the role please contact me for a confidential conversation.