Highways & Civil Engineering
A Quantity Surveyor is currently required to join the Commercial team of a Global Civil Engineering Main Contractor. As an organisation they currently undertake some of the UKs most iconic projects to include HS2, Hinkley Point C and Crossrail.
Currently operating across a number of sectors to include Highways, Rail, Construction and Build with offices across South Wales, Somerset and Devon.
Typical projects include roads & sewers, foundations, infrastructure, major housing developments and Highways.
Despite the current climate the organisation have been very busy throughout the pandemic and are currently in an enviable position with a number of projects in the pipeline for the next 10 years.
As a result there is now an additional opportunity for a Stand alone QS to be able to work independently and support the Commercial Director.
Due to the nature of the work you will need to demonstrate that you can build strong working relationships with the clients.
· Preparation of tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
· Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget accordingly
· Perform risk, value management and cost control
· Allocate work to subcontractors
· Provide advice on contractual claims
· Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
· Value completed work and arrange payments