Are you an experienced Structural Engineer who is looking for the next big step in your career?
We are assisting a respected and established civil and structural engineering consultancy in their search for a Structural Engineer. This independent business has a fantastic reputation and a team which includes several chartered structural engineers all experienced with mentoring engineers through their chartership. This role will based out of their contemporary office space just outside Cardiff. We are looking for experienced Structural engineers to join at a senior level, it is essential that candidates enjoy a 360 role where they will be taking responsibility for their own projects as well liaising with all various stake holders. In regard to progression and opportunity, there is enormous advantage that comes with joining a team at this early stage and as we’ve seen in the past, roles like this get snapped up fairly quickly
Projects tend to be varied and based both locally and nationally. They include:
- High end bespoke residential up to £4m
- Multi-storey accommodation
- Underground sports facilities
- Heritage (currently working on three castles)
You can expect to be working in all traditional materials.
This practice aims to give all its engineers complete exposure to all stages of the design process, as such all engineers are expected to be involved not only in design but dealing directly with clients and other stakeholders. This tried and tested method has help develop many a successful engineer
Responsibilities will include:
- Structural surveys and report writing
- Producing design calculations
- Site visits
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients, contractors and architects
- Managing and delivering your own projects
- Delegating work to engineers and technicians
- Assisting with the development of others
- Contributing to senior design team meetings
- Representing the business at various events
The speed at which you wish to increase responsibilities is largely down to you and what you are comfortable with.
This role comes with an attractive benefits package and a salary ranging from £40,000 - £45,000 depending on your level of experience. Free onsite parking.