An established structural and civil engineering design consultancy based in Bath is looking for an experienced Structural Engineer. They have a varied work load working across the southern half of the UK with a particular focus on sustainable design and heritage projects. They engineered the landmark award winning Langport housing project and are currently involved in major traditional and timber frame projects. They are expanding with a young team and have an opportunity for an experienced engineer to take a leading role in the continuing development of the business. For the right candidate, able to develop the client base, there will be future opportunities at a management level
They are seeking a dynamic, motivated and experienced Structural Engineer to be a key member within their eight strong team.
• Leading the structural design of smaller projects and assisting on larger schems; undertaking and directing detailed engineering design of building structures.
• Work closely with other engineers and technicians.
• Representing the business at client and design team meetings
• Delivering projects within agreed deadlines and within budget.
• Ensuring the project brief is defined, followed and satisfied
• Effective communication internally keeping all project members informed of key decisions
• Coordinating their work and communicating with external design team partners .
• Developing the skills of graduate and less experienced engineers and technicians, acting as supervising engineer on their ICE approved training scheme.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Experience of structural engineering design.
· Track record as a lead structural engineer on projects.
· Proven ability participate in project design in a team-based setting.
· Skilled in the use of design and modelling and drawing software such as Fastrack, Orion, Revit etc.
· Awareness and ideally experience in production of BIM compliant design and detailing.
· working toward Chartered Engineer (MIStructE / MICE) or Professional Engineer or equivalent.
· Bachelor’s degree BEng / BSc or Master’s degree MEng / MSc.
· Excellent communication and motivational skills.