We have a fantastic new role not far from central Bristol for a Structural Technician with specific experience with Building Structures. This business has gone from strength to strength over the last couple of years and is looking to expand their capability within their BIM team. They have a considerable share of the local market and are able to offer solid job security.
We need someone who really knows how a building comes together and enjoys following projects through their various stages. Someone who enjoys learning new software would be a great fit for this role.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the regions’ top civil and structural engineers and technicians, opportunities to learn and develop don’t come much better.
Please find a brief summary below:
- Independent engineering consultancy with an office in an easily accessible area of Bristol
- Responsibilities include; creating structural drawings, models and details, adhering to BIM standards, importing information from various software packages,
- Projects are both new build and refurb and come from a variety of backgrounds including; Heritage, Healthcare, Education, Retail, Leisure and Commercial
- This multi award winning practice has an outstanding track record and is dedicated to it’s employee’s CPD
- Recent projects have included various local medieval structures and subterranean sports facilities
Along with cutting edge software, you can expect to be working on high profile local projects which include high rise structures
A Structural Technician in this business will have demonstrable experience within all sectors of building structures, and a background in delivery using CAD or BIM software. Ideally an HNC / HND in Civil or Structural Engineering. You must have experience with AutoCAD, have worked in concrete, steel, timber and masonry and have a desire to work learn Revit Structure
As a member of a growing team you will have every opportunity to progress. You will also communicate directly with engineers, architects, the wider design team and contractors. This business offers a healthy work life balance along with the opportunity to use market leading software packages.
25 days holiday
Flexible benefits package
Flexible working hours