Senior Structural Engineer - £35,000 - £45,000
An established structural and civil engineering design consultancy based in Bath is looking for an experienced Structural Engineer. They have a varied work load working across the southern half of the UK with a particular focus on sustainable design, education, healthcare and heritage projects. This business engineered the landmark award winning schemes across the South of England. They are expanding with a young team and have an opportunity for an experienced engineer to take a leading role in the continuing development of the business. For the right candidate, able to develop the client base, there will be future opportunities at a management level
They are seeking a dynamic, motivated and experienced Structural Engineer to be a key member within their talented design team. This candidate will be working closely with the company Directors to achieve personal, professional and practice development.
• Leading the structural design of on both small and large schemes; undertaking and directing detailed engineering design of building structures.
• Work closely with other engineers and technicians.
• Representing the business at client and design team meetings
• Delivering projects within agreed deadlines and within budget.
• Ensuring the project brief is defined, followed and satisfied
• Effective communication internally keeping all project members informed of key decisions
• Coordinating their work and communicating with external design team partners .
• Developing the skills of graduate and less experienced engineers and technicians, acting as supervising engineer on their ICE approved training scheme.
· Experience of structural engineering design.
· Track record as a lead structural engineer on projects.
· Proven ability participate in project design in a team-based setting.
· Skilled in the use of design and modelling and drawing software such as Fastrack, Orion, Revit etc.
· Awareness and ideally experience in production of BIM compliant design and detailing.
· working toward Chartered Engineer (MIStructE / MICE) or Professional Engineer or equivalent.
· Bachelor’s degree BEng / BSc or Master’s degree MEng / MSc.
· Excellent communication and motivational skills.
This role is a major part of the company plan to build a stronger management team to keep up with the growth of the business. The ultimate goal for this position is to move into the senior management team so it is important that candidates are willing to do this. There is also the very real prospect of company equity if all goes to plan.
Starting salary for this role would be £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience and professional accreditation