Role - Shift Engineer
Location - Heathrow
Salary - £36,500 - £41,500
Reporting to - Shift Supervisor
Interview Date - TBC
Start Date - ASAP
As the successful Shift Engineer you will be working for one of the biggest Facilities Management companies who's culture is built on the simple premise of delivering the exceptional, every day.
Main objectives and responsibilities of the successful Shift Engineer -
• Responsible to a Shift Supervisor for undertaking mechanical works on a wide range of building services reactive and planned maintenance throughout the West London Estate. The work is undertaken on a shift basis to ensure 24hr cover for the London Estate. All shift teams to be complementary with balance of electrical and mechanical support across the site.
• To perform tasks in a professional manner to a suitable standard to meet both Client and company expectations.
Main duties of the successful Shift Engineer -
• Customer focused service.
• High standard of planned preventative and reactive maintenance.
• Able to carry out planned and corrective maintenance works.
• Able to produce accurate reports on works carried out.
• Able to use diagnostic equipment and work from technical manuals and drawings.
• Able to work off ladders and at heights.
• Able to identify visual plant defects, warning lights and indicators.
• Able to monitor and record plant performance.
• Proactive involvement in the ongoing technical evaluation of all plant and equipment, suggestion of improvements where appropriate.
• Accurate recording and reporting of maintenance activity to ensure CAFM database is correctly updated.
• Carrying out operational and maintenance activities as directed by the Lead Technician, whilst ensuring work is executed in a safe and suitable manner.
• Working as directed to ensure timely completion of PPM’s and reactive work to SLA.
• Identifying faults and accurately diagnosing root causes.
• Monitoring and maintaining equipment performance to ensure correct operation of the critical services of the sites.
• Competent in operation of building services plant and equipment.
Comprehensive understanding of building services and proficient in maintenance of -
• Power, distribution and switching.
• Motors and pump operation and controls.
• Stand by generators.
• Water management, L8..
• Inverter operation.
• Fire alarm/PA systems.
• Understanding of health and safety issue relating to own work and site.
Successful Shift Engineer's qualifications and experience -
• City & Guilds craft certificate/ONC etc.
• Training certificate to IEE 17th Edition or 18th Edition IS essential.
• Training courses appropriate to work area.
• Two years post apprenticeship experience in similar role.
• Comprehensive understanding of Building Services.
If you would like to learn more about this Shift Engineer position or are interested in a confidential chat then please don't hesitate to contact Ryan @ RGB Or APPLY now or submit your CV for consideration.