Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer
I’m currently looking for a Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer to join a friendly and growing MEP & Low Carbon engineering consultancy based in Bristol.
The consultancy are a dynamic building services and low carbon design practice at the forefront of low energy building design, working in a range of industry sectors. They deliver award winning projects across a diverse range of sectors, including low and zero-carbon buildings, residential schemes, and low energy retrofit of existing and heritage buildings. They are CIBSE award winners for work across low energy Passivhaus building work.
About the role…
You will be a key part of the team in a client facing role, delivering engineering designs for buildings from concept level to completion. Responsibilities will include,
- Designing low carbon, sustainable mechanical systems for multiple projects at various stages
- Produce drawings
- Participate in preparation of reports and specifications
- Engage with design teams and clients during design phase of projects
- Monitor progress on site, taking a leading role during commissioning and handover
- Coordinating with multidisciplinary teams.
- Supervising graduate and assistant engineers
Who will you be?
Being a people person is vital to this role. The team is made up of great personalities with a friendly approach to the working environment.
- CEng - Chartered membership of a professional institution (or be working towards this)
- BEng or MEng degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant subject
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of designing mechanical systems for buildings
- Knowledge and experience of working on sustainable and low carbon projects
- Interest in responding to the climate emergency by providing low carbon engineering solutions
- Effective communication skills
- Be motivated, practically minded, independent, enthusiastic, and personable
- A fluent user of Microsoft Office
- Competence in software such as IES, Autocad, Revit, PHPP and SAP
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank holidays, with options to purchase additional days
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Performance bonus scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Socials and away-days
- Professional development opportunities