Super position in sunny Cornwall!
This well respected main contractor with a busy and established base in Cornwall has developed an excellent reputation for delivery. They have secured a number of prestigious building projects across Cornwall and are looking to expand and strengthen their team with an experienced Construction Bid Manager to capitalise on their success and continue increasing and securing new schemes to their portfolio.
Working from their centrally based office with flexibility, you will be responsible for leading, managing and co-ordinating all aspects of 2nd stage project bid. Contracts will vary in value, forms of contract and sector including healthcare, commercial, education and leisure.
This position is a key role within the business unit managing projects throughout the pre-construction phases. Duties will include:
• Leading and guiding project teams
• Ensuring clients are provided with accurate technical and commercial information
• Chairing client and project meetings
• Ensuring compliance and industry standards are being achieved
• Presenting information and updates to clients, consultants and end users at each project gateway
• Ensuring client satisfaction and deliverables are completed to time, budget and quality
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in Bid Management within the construction sector, working on large scale tenders for building projects on behalf of a recognised main contractor with particular emphasis on 2nd Stage Tenders.
Project experience within the Health and Education sectors would be advantageous. You should be degree level qualified in Architecture, Civil Engineering or Construction Management with extensive technical construction knowledge and strong communication and presentation skills.
This a fantastic opportunity to join a top class company in a key position with further opportunities for career development.