Assistant QS / Cost & Value Manager
We are seeking a suitably experienced Quantity Surveyor / Cost Professional who is looking for a new challenge, to join an established and highly successful Civil Engineering Contractor located in the Southwest, with preferred residence of Plymouth. This is a great opportunity for rapid progression to a Project QS.
Working as part of the Commercial team you will support the Commercial Manager with the following:
- Preparation of applications for payment to client
- Internal and external forecasting
- Ensuring the company achieves the best return on each project.
- Preparation of tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget accordingly
- Perform risk, value management and cost control
- Allocate work to subcontractors
- Provide advice on contractual claims
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- Value completed work and arrange payments
Other key responsibilities will be:
- Liaising with sub-contractors over pricing, applications, and final accounts
- Completing monthly CVRs and cost reporting
- Cost reporting and change control
- Offering support to the operations team forecasting of larger projects
- Previous experience as working on civils projects
- Knowledge and skills in cost control of projects in the civils and Highways sector working on NEC 3 Contracts and multiple projects.
This company has an exciting future ahead as it embarks on building strong relationships in the South West. You will be joining an established, independent company to include a competitive starting salary, contemporary working environment, huge scope for career progression and a fantastic incentive for shares within the business.
For a full job specification and to find out more please apply which will be followed up with a confidential conversation to discuss next steps.