I have a fantastic opportunity for a Digital/BIM Technician or Coordinator to join one of the leading MEP Consultancies of its kind in the UK.
You’ll be joining a busy, talented diverse team in their Cardiff office working on a variety of different projects and sectors including education, stadiums, universities, health and wellbeing centres, residential, retail, defence, transport and more.
It’s a great time to be in Cardiff as well with it being such a thriving and diverse city, with plans to try and become a carbon neutral city within the next ten years.
As a Digital/BIM Technician, you will work alongside experienced engineers to develop and deliver coordinated, collaborative, innovative and technically excellent design solutions that respond to their clients brief and vision.
- You’ll collaborate with the industry’s best, working in the UK’s largest MEP firm
- You’ll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors
- You’ll work in a culture that embraces change and modern methods of design through digital engineering
- You’ll advance your career your way, with their structured Career Paths framework
You will be working as part of project delivery teams, including engineers & specialists in the Cardiff office to deliver data rich 3D models & 2D engineering drawings produced using Autodesk Revit.
You will be supported by the Cardiff office BIM Manager, as well as key individuals within the engineering team.
Key activities and responsibilities of the role could include;
- Inputting to and designing in 3D Revit
- Managing model data and data workflows
- Help provide coordination and clash detection of entities in the model environment
- Promote and assist teams in adopting best modelling practice on each project
- Seek to improve established protocols to ensure we are always developing our workflows
- Managing input to/from Common Data Environment where the entire design team can access them
- Enable Engineers to deliver multi discipline projects using the latest technology and processes
- Understand and reinforce quality assurance processes to ensure that all client deliverables are fully compliant with standards
- Be involved in projects beyond the conventional Revit environment, such as lidar scanning opportunities
- Link into the central Digital Engineering team, enabling adoption of the latest tools being developed, and be empowered to engage in firm wide digital initiatives
- Looking at the latest technologies, taking time to research the latest systems/software ensuring we keep abreast of best solutions for our clients
- Support training and development of developing engineers in Revit & Digital tools.
- Private medical scheme
- Life Assurance
- Income protection
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
- Season Ticket Loans
- Professional membership subscription
- 9-day fortnight – the firm offers all employees the option to work a 9-day fortnight
- Hybrid Working – activity-based approach
- Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
- Study Assistance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Sabbatical Leave