Senior Quantity Surveyor
Highways & Civil Engineering
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is currently required to join the Commercial team of a Civil Engineering Main Contractor to be based in Plymouth.
As a Tier 1 Contractor they currently operate across a number of sectors to include Highways, Rail, Construction and Build with Regional offices across Plymouth, Exeter and Bristol.
Typical projects include roads & sewers, foundations, infrastructure, major housing developments and Highways.
The main purpose of the role is to join their Major Projects team and lead and support the Commercial function of a £2bn, 10-year programme of infrastructure works to support the Royal Navy’s submarine maintenance programme on a NEC4 contract.
- Provide commercial input including financial and contractual performance to the Directors.
- Help ensure that business targets and KPI's are exceeded.
- Preparation of monthly cost / value reports for area, together with review of results.
- Production of commercial reports together with review of results.
- Physical measurement of works and agreement of same with client and subcontractors.
- Agreement of certification and payment of subcontractor accounts - monitoring of such accounts against forecasts.
- Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
Key requirements for the role:
- QS related Degree or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Excel
- Experience in providing commercial support to design and consulting and/or highways contracts (especially under NEC 3 /4 forms)
- Experience of successful main contract management
- Experience in supply chain procurement, management and accounting
- Experience within dispute resolution and avoidance
- Experience in commercial and financial budgeting and reporting
- Understands and promotes an inclusive working environment
- UK Driving licence is also essential
As an organisation they currently undertake some of the UKs most iconic projects as well as having an excellent reputation in the South West currently undertaking projects such as Hinckley Point C.
As a forward thinking company they appreciate that their employees are key in shaping diversity and inclusion and know that their employees are at the heart of their success. With this in mind they have made changes to their policies to include up to 26 weeks maternity leave, pregnancy loss leave, surrogacy leave, flexible working, access to discounted shopping including restaurants, insurance companies, and supermarket as well as support towards your professional development.
To be considered for this role please apply or contact Laura Stephenson for more information.